Next semester, you will have a student teacher for the first half of the semester. His name is Mr. Ruggles, and he'd like to know a little about you before he joins our class in January. Please take your time and respond to his questions thoughtfully and honestly (and remember to show off your writing and grammar skills).
1. I (Mr. Ruggles) have never lived in Colorado. What is your favorite thing about Colorado?
2. What do you like about English 10?
3. How do you learn best? In what concrete, specific ways?
4. What sorts of activities in the classroom have been really meaningful to you?
5. What sorts of activities outside of the classroom have been really meaningful to you?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. What sorts of things will you be participating in or doing second semester (Either inside or outside of AHS)?
8. Next semester we will be looking at the Shakespeare play “Macbeth.” What do you know about this play or about Shakespeare in general?
9. We will also be looking at Memoirs. What do you think a memoir is? Have you ever written one before?
10. What is one thing I (Mr. Ruggles) should know about this class?
11. If you were teaching the class, what is one thing you would change?
12. What is one thing you want to accomplish on the first day of class second semester?
13. What are you really motivated by (besides your parent/guardian and receiving good grades)?
14. What is one thing you want to know about me (Mr. Ruggles)?
15. Finally, what one character in a movie or a book are you most like at this point in your life? Why?